Loctite 243 s medium strenth, torque tension thread locking compound.
Threadlocking Adhesive – medium strength. General purpose. Suitable for all metal threaded assemblies.
LOCTITE 243 is a general purpose threadlocker of medium bond strength. This threadlocker secures and seal bolts, nuts and studs to prevent loosening due to vibration. The product works on all metals, including passive substrates such as stainless steel, aluminium and plated surfaces. It is proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids.
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminium, plated surfaces)
- Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Permits disassembly with hand tools for servicing
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123000
- Colour: Blue
- Max. thread size: up to M36
- Service temperature range: -55 to +180°C
- Breakaway torque: 26 Nm
- Approvals: P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123000
- Fixture time steel: 10 min
- Fixture time brass: 5 min
- Fixture time stainless steel: 10 min
- Thixotropy: Yes